Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fine Words

Hearing what sounds good,
where fine words take me away
will I still remember
when sorrow comes my way.

Give me hope … give me faith
just let me stay here in this place.
Tell me fine words that wont go away
So I can remember to act and to pray.

I have a dream of what I may be,
though who can say what His will is for me.
To know the end is not in the plan
to help me learn patience and know that He can.

So give me hope … give me faith
Life… will sure be better that way.
No matter what the end may be,
to know that He loves me is all that I need

Fine words I seek to lead the way …
and bring me through a sorrowful day.


By: Kristen Lorraine Davis
1/20/2008

I had just confirmed that I was pregnant when I wrote this. I was filled with worry because of my previous complication with getting pregnant and keeping the pregnancy. My greatest desire was to be a mother but time was slipping by and hope was hard to hold on to. For a week I had the impression to call brother Johnston in our ward for a Priesthood blessing. Finally I made the call and when I hung up the phone it was as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders and that everything was going to be all right. He came over and gave me a blessing that told me that I would carry this baby to full term. Looking back I should have been more at peace and had faith in the blessing but I was still very worried for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment